A Bridgeville home is left virtually ruined after it was drenched with enough water to fill the Settler’s Cabin wave pool.
The house had been left unattended for several months because the owner is in a senior facility. Just recently, the Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call at the house.
“We found out that from January to the middle of April, 1 million gallons of water flowed through this house,” fire chief Bill Chilleo said at last night’s borough council meeting. “It is destroyed.”
“If you’re going away somewhere or you have family members who are not staying in their house, shut their water off,” he said. “This is what it can do.”
To put 1 million gallons of water in context, the Settler’s Cabin wave pool uses 936,000 gallons of water.
“Imagine the water bill,” one meeting attendee said.