PennDOT plans to close Chartiers Street on Wednesday, Aug 10. and Thursday, Aug. 11 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., weather permitting.
The street will close between Route 50 (Washington Avenue) and Mayview Road as PennDOT crews conduct asphalt base repairs. Traffic will be detoured.
Here are PennDOT’s detour instructions:
West of the closure
• From Route 50, turn onto Station Street (Route 3005)
• Station Street becomes Dewey Avenue
• Turn left onto Bank Street (Route 3005)
• Follow Bank Street back to Mayview Road
East of the closure
• Same detour in the opposite direction
Chartiers Street will be open to traffic outside of construction hours.