The meeting is opened with the Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence for the sick, handicapped, departed and military personnel of the community Please remain standing.
Council President, Michael Tolmer
Council Vice President, Bruce Ghelarducci
Council Member, William Henderson
Council Member , Joseph Colosimo
Council Member, Joseph Verduci
Council Member , Nino Petrocelli, Sr.
Council Member, Virginia Schneider
Mayor, Betty Copeland
Solicitor, Thomas McDermott
Borough Engineer, Kevin Brett
Borough Manager, Lori Collins
Assistant to the Borough Manager , Cheryl Glowark
Police Chief, Chad King
Fire Chief, Raymond Costain
Southbridge EMS, Dan Miller
1. A motion of the Borough Council to approve the minutes of the August 12, 2019 regular meeting as submitted.
2. A motion of the Borough Council to approve the September 2019 Bill List.
3. A motion of the Borough Council to approve the September 13, 20, 27, and October 4, and 11 payrolls.
4. A motion of the Borough Council regarding Ordinance No. 1011 amending the Borough’s Code of Ordinances, Chapter 7, Fire Prevention & Fire Protection, adding Part 6, Emergency Services Cost Recovery, to authorize and establish rules and fees associated with recovery of emergency services costs incurred by emergency service providers .
5. A motion of the Borough Council regarding Resolution No. 2019-09 accepting the Municipal Winter Traffic Services Agreement between the Borough of Bridgeville and PennDOT for the winter seasons of 2019-2020; 2020-2021; 2021-2022; 2022-2023; and 2023-2024.
Remarks: The agreement includes adjustments to offset severe winter storms equal to a percentage of the department’ s actual costs (for similar roads serviced) over and above the five-year average. The agreement may be terminated prior to September 15th for any year agreement is in effect.
6. A motion of the Borough Council regarding the receipt of the Minimum Municipal Obligation worksheet for the Police Pension Plan for Budget Year 2020 as prepared by Manager Collins.
7. A motion of the Borough Council regarding the receipt of the Minimum Municipal Obligation worksheet for the Non-Uniform ed Employees Pension Plan for Budget Year 2020 as prepared by Manager Collins.
8. A motion of the Borough Council regarding the bid for 416 Darby Way Environmental Assessment.
Remarks : Two proposals were received with the following results:
|Consultant||Base Bid Amount|
|Volz Environmental Services, Inc.||$1,900|
9. A motion of the Borough Council regarding the bid for the McLaughlin Park ADA Restroom Renovations as bid by Char-West COG.
Remarks: Sealed bids were opened in the Char-West COG office on Thursday, August 29, 2019 with the following bid results:
|Contractor||Base Bid||Add Alternate No. 1 Amount|
|Select Contracting, LLC||$57,762.00||$10,000|
|Newman Plumbing, Inc.||$68,296.00||$7,850.00|
|JLD Construction, LLC||$89,000.00||$13,900.00|
CDBG Yr. 45 7.2 estimated grant funds for the project total $34,000. The balance would be paid out of the General Fund.
10. A motion to accept and pay commission due the August 2019 Real Estate Tax Collector Report.
ADMINISTRATION , BRUCE GHELARDUCCI
FINANCE, JOSEPH VERDUCI
PARKS & RECREATION , JOSEPH COLOSIMO
PUBLIC WORKS/BUILDINGS, NINO PETROCELLI, SR.
PUBLIC SAFETY, WILLIAM HENDERSON
MAYOR, BETTY COPELAND
POLICE CHIEF, CHAD KING
SOLICITOR, THOMAS MCDERMOTT
BOROUGH ENGINEER, KEVIN BREIT
FIRE CHIEF, RAYMOND COSTAIN
SOUTHBRIDGE EMS, DAN MILLER
BRIDGEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, MARY WEISE
BRIDGEVILLE LIBRARY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PARKING AUTHORITY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PLANNING COMMISSION REPRESENTATIVE
BOROUGH MANAGER, LORI COLLINS
A Motion to adjourn.