BRIDGEVILLE BOROUGH REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
JULY 13, 2020 – 7 PM
425 BOWER HILL ROAD, BRIDGEVILLE, PA 15017
Council President, William Henderson
Council Vice-President, Nino Petrocelli, Sr.
Council Member, Bruce Ghelarducci
Council Member, Joseph Colosimo
Council Member, Joseph Verduci
Council Member, Virginia Schneider
Council Member, Nicholas Ciesielski
Mayor, Betty Copeland
Solicitor, Thomas McDermott
Borough Engineer, Kevin Brett
Interim Borough Secretary, Cheryl Glowark
Police Chief, Chad King
Fire Chief, Raymond Costain
Southbridge EMS, Dan Miller
1. A motion to approve the June 8, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes as submitted.
2. A motion to approve the July 2020 Bill List.
3. A motion to approve the July 17, 24, 31 and August 7, 2020 payrolls.
4. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-09 of the Borough of Bridgeville as per PennDOT requirements 1.10.14 Signs and Banners Across State Highways; designating the intention of Bridgeville Borough to place one (1) banner across State Route 50 to be installed August 3, 2020 and removed September 8, 2020 for Chartiers Valley School District.
5. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-10 of the Borough of Bridgeville requesting a grant from the Blight Removal Program in the amount of $74,520 and authorizing the appropriate Borough Officials to sign
documents and agreements pertaining to the grant application.
6. A motion to authorize Partial Payment No. 4 – Final from Osiris Enterprises for Contract No. 19-S1 Backwater Valve Contract – Phase 2 in the amount of $10,879.50, as reviewed and recommended by
the Borough Engineer.
7. A motion to authorize to advertise for bids for the Backwater Valve Project Phase 3.
8. A motion to accept the bids received for the McLaughlin Run Park Improvements – Phase II (Re-Bid) and award the Base Bid and Alternate No. 2 to the low bidder, Sciarretti Site Development & Paving Co., Inc in the amount of $408,317.02 and $9,765.52 respectively for a total contract value of $418,082.54; subject to obtaining the required documents and review and approval of same by the Borough Engineer and Borough Solicitor.
9. A motion of the Borough Council regarding the following Real Estate Tax Refunds due to changes in assessments as requested by the Real Estate Tax Collector. Copies of the official change orders have been attached to the request.
NAME: Stephen and Erin Musciano
ADDRESS: 1034 Cork Drive, Bethel Park, PA 15102
10. A motion to appoint _______ to the Planning Commission to fill a vacancy for the remainder of a term to expire Monday, January 4, 2021.
11. A motion to accept and pay any commission due the June 2020 Real Estate Tax Collector Report.
12. A motion to accept the May 2020 Treasurer’s Report.
13. A motion to accept the June 2020 Police Report.
MAYOR, BETTY COPELAND
POLICE CHIEF, CHAD KING
SOLICITOR, THOMAS MCDERMOTT
BOROUGH ENGINEER, KEVIN BRETT
FIRE CHIEF, RAYMOND COSTAIN
SOUTHBRIDGE EMS, DAN MILLER
BRIDGEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, MARY WEISE
BRIDGEVILLE LIBRARY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PARKING AUTHORITY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PLANNING COMMISSION REPRESENTATIVE
ADJOURNMENT – A Motion to adjourn.